We are a Not-for-Profit association run by ostomates for ostomates. We give our time as volunteers to our association to ensure we all receive our supplies in a timely manner for our health and wellbeing. We are not a business so please remember that;
- Our warehouse staff and volunteers are responsible for picking and packing your orders for post outs and pickup. Mistakes can happen but not often. We have over 2000 members to cater for.
- We have our front counter volunteers who handle some difficult people at times.
- We have 2 full time staff in the office and 2 casual staff in the warehouse who do an amazing job.
- Our income that keeps us viable is your Access/administration fee and 2.75% from the government. It is a challenge financially.
- Please be respectful of your dealings with the staff and volunteers whether it be on the phone or in person as we don’t work for you, we give our time for all ostomates for the betterment of all.
- You wouldn’t have your association without the volunteers who give their time.
- Those few wonderful members who give their time to participate on a board level would like more members to step up and nominate to join and help with the future planning. Meetings are once a month for about 2 hours. Out of 2000 member we have only 6 members on the board. Not good enough.
- The board needs a succession plan for the sustainability of OstomySA moving forward.
THE ASSOCIATION IS OUR MEMBERS
Office Open Hours *
- collection of supplies and
- phone queries
Office Open Days
MON | TUE | WED | THU:
10:30am to 2:30pm
Closed weekends and Public Holidays
* If you need to collect supplies outside of these hours please call the office and we will discuss possible options.